VISION BOARD: A simple yet powerful visualization tool that activates the universal law of attraction to begin manifesting your dreams into reality.
Why should you host a Vision Board Party? Hosting a vision board party allows you to share the experience of setting future goals with your loved ones. This also acts as a catalyst for everyone to take out time to focus on self-building and positivity. It forces you to think about things that may be brushed off within your day-to-day, allowing you to put your dreams and goals into perspective and actually visualize their tangibility.
The question, now, becomes how do you go about planning one?
For starters, you want to invite your friends. The invitation process is dependent upon how extra you are as a person. If you ask my friends, I am thee almighty Queen of Extra. Therefore, I would want to turn it into an extravaganza. However, I do realize that is not everyone’s cup of tea. You can mail out a formal invite, a casual e-vite, or shoot a simple text. You want to encourage the others to bring old magazines, cut-outs, personal photos, or anything else that they feel will make their board more personable. You, as the hostess, will provide the boards (cardboard or poster board) and other generic craft items necessary to the vision board production. You also want to provide both the refreshments and setting, of course. So, giving your vision party a little theme wouldn’t hurt. You can make it an evening event and allow your friends to dress up a little or a daytime activity. If you want a more casual setting, call for a more casual dress code, maybe pajamas. The possibilities are endless!
Below, I have listed some ideas that can help guide your Vision Board Party:
- Aside from providing the essentials and setting for the Vision Boards to be made. Make it a bit more fancy by purchasing elegant craft frames for guests to place them in and hang them up at home or in their offices.
- Make it a brunch! You can never go wrong with a nice brunch. Provide your guests with mimosas and bite sized brunch foods or a brunch bar, depending upon your number of guests. Go online and try some creative recipes, like this one that I attached from Martha Stewart. You can also offer a signature drink. Mimosas, anyone?
- Assign your guests items to bring to the Vision Board Party. For instance, one guest brings magazines. The other brings decorations. Another brings glue and scissors and so on.
- To better guide those friends that need help laying out their vision board, offer a printed worksheet for them to fill out to better help their creative juices flow. (I have attached the Vision Board Inspiration Worksheet printable to help with the process.) Plus, you want to make sure that whatever sheet you chose is short and sweet, you want this to be fun and not become homework.
- As incentives, buy 1-3 little travel sized bath sets or 1-3 gift cards of $5 to offer to the top 1-3 vision boards that were created throughout the duration of the party, which should be no longer than two and a half to three hours. Your friends will definitely get more involved!